Tuesday, February 22, 2011

How to decorate small round box with denim


I've took some pictures while making this box and now I decided to show the process to those who are interested in it.


First of all I took small box from cheese (by the way cheese was yummy) and some denim scraps. Personally, I like to use those parts from jeans which have some wear on it which gives me different shades of blue.
Then I draw two circles. Simply put your choice of box on fabric and outline. Cut it out.

For this box I decided to make handle on top. I took belt loop and sew it in the center of piece which will cover the lid.

 Now simply glue denim to the sides of box. I use craft glue. As you can see the length wasn’t enough so I measured another piece of denim and glued it.


This is the in-between result.





I incised the fabric not quite reaching the bottom. Put some glue on and fold fabric in the way you can see on pictures.






Glue one circle on the bottom of box.

Glue piece with handle on lid.




I happened to have some ribbon which perfectly matched the width of lid rim so I used it. If you don’t have anything like this just cut another piece of denim and glues it on rim. I recommend close the lid before gluing something on rim because there is the chance you may pull fabric too tight while gluing it and lid won’t fit.

This is the result.
Nice box made from almost nothing!

8 comments:

  1. muy lindo trabajo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was
    good. I don't know who you are but definitely you're going to a famous blogger if you are
    not already ;) Cheers!

    my page :: wrought iron home decor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I do not think I'm famous blogger :) , but if my posts spike someone creativity it is its own reward !

      Delete
  3. Really cute! But your title is a little misleading. It should say how to cover a box with denim or something like that because you didn't make the box. But other than that, it's really cute! Can't wait for more posts!

    ReplyDelete